Babri demolition case: CBI witness testifies
Testifying before a Special CBI court here, hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case, a witness said he had no information that ISI agents had entered Ayodhya before razing of the mosque.
Rae Bareli: Testifying before a Special
CBI court here, hearing the Babri Masjid demolition case, a
witness on Monday said he had no information that ISI agents had
entered Ayodhya before razing of the mosque.
"This is entirely wrong to say that it was in my
knowledge that ISI agents, in the guise of karsewaks, had
entered Ayodhya on December five, 1992," Haji Mehboob told the
Cross-examined by the defence counsel, the 10th CBI
witness said it was also not correct to say that he had helped
ISI agents to roam among the karsewaks.
Asked whether he was aware of the Indian Mujahideen,
its actrivities or its connection with ISI, Mehboob said he
could not tell whether IM was a terrorist oufit.
As the cross-examination continued, the court fixed
March 17 as the next date of hearing.
On January 25, deposing before the Special CBI Court,
he had said senior BJP leaders, including LK Advani, had
delivered provocative speeches before the shrine was razed.
On December four last year, the Special Court cleared
the way for examination of witnesses in the demolition case.
It dismissed a petition filed by senior BJP leader
Murli Manohar Joshi, VHP leader Ashok Singhal and others
challenging the authority of the CBI to be the prosecuting
agency in the case.