Babri demolition: Shiv Sena leader`s properties attached
Faizabad (UP): The local administration
on Tuesday attached the properties of Shiv Sena leader Santosh
Dubey, an accused in 1992 Babri Masjid demolition case,
following a directive by a special CBI court.
A police team attached all his movable and immovable
properties by seizing Dubey?s household goods at his residence
in Faizabad city and his ancestral house at Bikapur town of
The police also seized Dubey?s agricultural land and
mango orchards situated at his village in Bikapur.
Along with Samajwadi Party MP Brij Bhushan Singh, ex BJP
MP Jai Bhan Singh Pawayya, BJP MLA Lallu Singh, former MLA and
BSP leader Pawan Pandey, and 23 others, Santosh Dubey is
accused of being involved in the demolition of Babri Masjid in
Ayodhya on December 6, 1992.
According to Sub District Magistrate SN Shukla, the
special CBI court in Raibarely, hearing the case of Babri
Masjid demolition, has ordered attachment of the properties of
Dube for his continuous absence before the court.
He was not attending the court during hearings in spite
of court’s order, said the SDM.
Santosh Dubey said "it is a political conspiracy against
me as I am very strongly fighting election for member district
board against the candidate of ruling BSP".
"I regularly attend the court and the dates on which I am
absent I have informed the court through telegram. I have
sought from the court a lawyer at government expenses but till
now that was not made available to me" added Dubey.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video