Ayodhya: Days after Mohammed Hashim Ansari, the oldest litigant in the Babri Masjid case denied to pursue it further, Muslim organisations have announced that it will mark the 22nd anniversary of Babri mosque demolition as a 'black day'.
According to reports, the organisations has appealed to the Muslim community to hoist black flags and observe a shut down in Ayodhya on Saturday.
The appeal comes even after Ansari had already denied taking part in any programme to mark the anniversary of the Babri Masjid demolition.
Ansari, who is in his early 90s, had said he did not want to see "Ram Lalla" in a tent but in a free and open state.
His remarks even triggered political reactions, with the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) welcoming them and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) demanding a probe into the circumstances in which he made the comments.
Ansari had also said that he was fed up with the politicisation of the issue. "Whether it is Babri masjid or Ram Janmabhoomi, it has become a battleground of politics.I do not want to befool Hindus or Muslims. I will not pursue the Babri Masjid case at any cost," he added.
However, the Hindu organisations, including Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), has said that it will observe December 6 as "day of bravery victory".
Taking note of the situation and to maintain law and order in the temple town, nearly 10,000 security men has being deployed. Anti-riot personnels are also keeping a vigil and prohibitory orders have been clamped in the city.
All the entry points of Ayodhya city have been sealed and entry is permitted only after complete security check.
Meanwhile, the local administration has laid a three-tier security cordon around the twin cities of Ayodhya and Faizabad with officials of superintendent rank manning the key areas.
To prevent any untoward incident that may happen through the river, a flood company of PAC has been deployed in Saryu river for round the clock water patrolling.
(With Agency inputs)