Babri Masjid demolition anniversary today, security tightened
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in Uttar Pradesh and other parts of the country in view of the 21st anniversary of Babri Masjid demolition on Friday.
In Ayodhya and surrounding cities, a three-tier security cordon has been thrown and all entry points have been sealed to maintain peace as Muslim organisations have decided to observe "black day" and Hindu outfits a "day of victory".
Around 10,000 personnel from state police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) have been deployed to maintain law and order, as per reports.
PAC jawans have been carrying out round-the-clock water patrol on river Saryu to prevent any untoward incident.
In Lucknow, Ayodhya ADG (Law and Order) Mukul Goel informed that all district police chiefs have been directed not to permit any religious event, festival, rallies or meetings on Friday.
Goel said vigil would be kept on elements, who could disturb communal harmony. Nearly two dozen CCTV cameras have been installed across Ayodhya city to keep close watch on movements.
In other parts of the state, the city police have been checking vehicles and lodges to prevent movement of antisocial elements in Ayodhya and surrounding areas.
Vital installations, places of worship and government offices have been provided with additional security in all cities.
Police pickets have been put up at important junctions and intensive surveillance has been put in place at crowded places like bus stands and railway stations.
The police have formed open line patrol teams to secure railway tracks and bridges.
Similarly, the Railway Protection Force (RPF) and the GRP have stepped up security at railway stations.
Trains are being escorted by the personnel of both the security agencies.
With Agency inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof