Babri Mosque demolition anniversary: Police lay siege to Ayodhya
Ayodhya: A three-tier security cordon was on Thursday thrown around this town and all its entry points were sealed to maintain peace on the eve of 21st anniversary of Babri Mosque demolition as Muslim organisations decided to observe "black day" and Hindu outfits a "day of victory".
Around 10,000 personnel from state police, Rapid Action Force (RAF) and Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) have been deployed to maintain law and order, official sources said.
PAC jawans will also carry out round-the-clock water patrol on river Saryu to prevent any untoward incident.
In Lucknow, Ayodhya ADG (Law and Order) Mukul Goel said that all district police chiefs have been directed not to permit any religious event, festival, rallies or meetings tomorrow.
Goel said vigil would be kept on elements who could disturb communal harmony.
Two dozens CCTV cameras have been installed across Ayodhya city to keep close watch on movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NT Awards 2016: Zeenews.com bags 'Best News Channel Website' honour
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- AAP advertising budget less than money spent on PM Modi's clothes: Arvind Kejriwal
- ''Disappointment'' over Pay Commission due to Centre's inability to rein in inflation: JD (U)
- Want to live longer? Restrict your calorie intake!
- Maharashtra B.Ed CET Result 2016: dhe.mhpravesh.in declares B.Ed CET Results, check B.Ed result 2016 by directly clicking here
- Delhi boy 'Sonu', abducted 6 years ago, returns home from Bangladesh today