Babri mosque demolition anniversary today
New Delhi: Security has been tightened in twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad and other sensitive areas in view of the 19th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition on Tuesday.
Babri mosque demolition anniversary coincides with Muharram`s 10th day, which is also observed as a day of mourning by a section of Muslims.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad and RSS will be celebrating the day as the day of victory by organising various programmes.
Appealing for peace, the All India Babri Masjid Action Committee (AIBMAC) said no programme which might disturb law and order should be organised on December 6.
"Peaceful programmes should be organised like previous years and memorandums should be submitted to the government through District Magistrates," AIBMAC convener Zafaryab Jilani said in a statement in Lucknow.
A memorandum would be addressed to the Prime Minister demanding speedy hearing of cases related to the Babri mosque, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning