Babri mosque demolition anniversary today
New Delhi: Security has been tightened in twin towns of Ayodhya and Faizabad and other sensitive areas in view of the 19th anniversary of the Babri mosque demolition on Tuesday.
Babri mosque demolition anniversary coincides with Muharram`s 10th day, which is also observed as a day of mourning by a section of Muslims.
Vishwa Hindu Parishad and RSS will be celebrating the day as the day of victory by organising various programmes.
Appealing for peace, the All India Babri Masjid Action Committee (AIBMAC) said no programme which might disturb law and order should be organised on December 6.
"Peaceful programmes should be organised like previous years and memorandums should be submitted to the government through District Magistrates," AIBMAC convener Zafaryab Jilani said in a statement in Lucknow.
A memorandum would be addressed to the Prime Minister demanding speedy hearing of cases related to the Babri mosque, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter