`Back stabber` Amar will not be taken back: SP
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party on Sunday sought to trash the reports about Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh returning to its fold, saying the speculation was "misleading" and the party has suffered losses due to him and will not repeat the history.
SP spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury today dubbed Amar as a "back stabber who has no ideology."
"Saying that we are taking Singh back is nonsense and misleading.
While in SP, Singh had taken decisions in self-interest without taking high command in confidence due to which party had suffered loss and earned bad name in the past. The party will not allow him to repeat his misdeeds by taking him back," Chowdhury said.
"People like Amar did not have any ideology. They only know how to fulfil their interests. He was expelled due to his anti-party activities after which he made baseless allegations against the party leadership and tried to botch political prospects of SP during Assembly polls," Chowdhury said.
After elections, he (Amar) was not in a position to show his face, Chowdhury said, adding that there should be no doubt in anyone`s mind that "back stabber" like him would be taken back in SP.
He said that some unscrupulous elements are spreading such news and it was a conspiracy against SP.
A section of media had speculated Amar`s entry in SP after the state government handed over inquiry of embezzlement of funds against him from EOW to Kanpur Police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi