Backing Mayawati as CM was a mistake: Rajnath
Bulandshahr: BJP leader Rajnath Singh Thursday said that the party`s decision to support Mayawati as a Chief Ministerial candidate in 2007 was their "biggest mistake."
At that time, the Samajwadi Party was in power and Mayawati provided an alternative to the "terror of its goonda rule," he said.
"This was why we helped her to be the state`s first dalit Chief Minister. But, Mayawati betrayed the BJP," he alleged while addressing an election rally, adding that her rule has been one full of corruption.
The Congress was playing "dirty politics" on the Batla House encounter issue and was creating "an illusion in the minds of Muslims to garner their votes."
Salman Khurshid`s statement that Sonia Gandhi was overwhelmed on the issue, was "very childish and dangerous" for the nation, he also alleged.
He said if the BJP is voted to power, it will work towards bringing the Citizen Charter Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army