Backing Mayawati as CM was a mistake: Rajnath
Bulandshahr: BJP leader Rajnath Singh Thursday said that the party`s decision to support Mayawati as a Chief Ministerial candidate in 2007 was their "biggest mistake."
At that time, the Samajwadi Party was in power and Mayawati provided an alternative to the "terror of its goonda rule," he said.
"This was why we helped her to be the state`s first dalit Chief Minister. But, Mayawati betrayed the BJP," he alleged while addressing an election rally, adding that her rule has been one full of corruption.
The Congress was playing "dirty politics" on the Batla House encounter issue and was creating "an illusion in the minds of Muslims to garner their votes."
Salman Khurshid`s statement that Sonia Gandhi was overwhelmed on the issue, was "very childish and dangerous" for the nation, he also alleged.
He said if the BJP is voted to power, it will work towards bringing the Citizen Charter Bill.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'