Bad weather forces Rahul Gandhi to put off Amethi visit
Amethi: The scheduled visit of Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday to his parliamentary constituency of Amethi for the first time as Congress vice president has been postponed due to inclement weather, party sources said.
"The two-day tour (by Rahul) has been postponed and will now start from Thursday," Congress spokesman Akhilesh Pratap Singh said. The region has received quite a bit of rain since last evening.
The Congress vice president has apologised to the people of his constituency for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, Singh added.
Elaborate arrangements had been made to give Rahul a grand welcome for his first visit to Amethi since his elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back