Bad weather forces Rahul Gandhi to put off Amethi visit
Amethi: The scheduled visit of Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday to his parliamentary constituency of Amethi for the first time as Congress vice president has been postponed due to inclement weather, party sources said.
"The two-day tour (by Rahul) has been postponed and will now start from Thursday," Congress spokesman Akhilesh Pratap Singh said. The region has received quite a bit of rain since last evening.
The Congress vice president has apologised to the people of his constituency for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, Singh added.
Elaborate arrangements had been made to give Rahul a grand welcome for his first visit to Amethi since his elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon