Bad weather forces Rahul Gandhi to put off Amethi visit
Amethi: The scheduled visit of Rahul Gandhi on Tuesday to his parliamentary constituency of Amethi for the first time as Congress vice president has been postponed due to inclement weather, party sources said.
"The two-day tour (by Rahul) has been postponed and will now start from Thursday," Congress spokesman Akhilesh Pratap Singh said. The region has received quite a bit of rain since last evening.
The Congress vice president has apologised to the people of his constituency for the inconvenience caused by the postponement, Singh added.
Elaborate arrangements had been made to give Rahul a grand welcome for his first visit to Amethi since his elevation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!