Badaun case: Incident could be a case of horror killing, says UP DGP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The shocking Badaun gang-rape and murder, in which two teenage sisters were found hanging from a tree in a village, could be a case of horror killing, Uttar Pradesh DGP AL Banerjee reportedly said.
“The Badaun murder could be a case of horror killing though we are yet to confirm it,” Banerjee said.
The police officials further said that some family members of the victims have been missing, as per news report.
Despite preliminary investigation suggesting gang-rape of the two victims, the DGP had further said that rape of one of the girls was not confirmed and property could be one of the motive behind the killings.
The lie-detector and narco tests of the accused will be conducted, the state DGP added.
The horrific incident came to light after two teenage sisters aged 14 and 15 went missing from their home. Their bodies were later found hanging from a tree in the village possibly after being gang-raped.
The family of the victims alleged that the policemen refused to look for the missing girls after they went to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites