Badaun case: Incident could be a case of horror killing, says UP DGP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The shocking Badaun gang-rape and murder, in which two teenage sisters were found hanging from a tree in a village, could be a case of horror killing, Uttar Pradesh DGP AL Banerjee reportedly said.
“The Badaun murder could be a case of horror killing though we are yet to confirm it,” Banerjee said.
The police officials further said that some family members of the victims have been missing, as per news report.
Despite preliminary investigation suggesting gang-rape of the two victims, the DGP had further said that rape of one of the girls was not confirmed and property could be one of the motive behind the killings.
The lie-detector and narco tests of the accused will be conducted, the state DGP added.
The horrific incident came to light after two teenage sisters aged 14 and 15 went missing from their home. Their bodies were later found hanging from a tree in the village possibly after being gang-raped.
The family of the victims alleged that the policemen refused to look for the missing girls after they went to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar
- Looks like it takes a lot of men to doll up Sunny Leone- See pic
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health