Badaun case: Incident could be a case of horror killing, says UP DGP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The shocking Badaun gang-rape and murder, in which two teenage sisters were found hanging from a tree in a village, could be a case of horror killing, Uttar Pradesh DGP AL Banerjee reportedly said.
“The Badaun murder could be a case of horror killing though we are yet to confirm it,” Banerjee said.
The police officials further said that some family members of the victims have been missing, as per news report.
Despite preliminary investigation suggesting gang-rape of the two victims, the DGP had further said that rape of one of the girls was not confirmed and property could be one of the motive behind the killings.
The lie-detector and narco tests of the accused will be conducted, the state DGP added.
The horrific incident came to light after two teenage sisters aged 14 and 15 went missing from their home. Their bodies were later found hanging from a tree in the village possibly after being gang-raped.
The family of the victims alleged that the policemen refused to look for the missing girls after they went to them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players