Badaun gang-rape: 42 police officials transferred in UP
Lucknow: In a major shake-up of the police department, the Uttar Pradesh government Saturday transferred 42 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers, including inspectors general and deputy inspectors general and 28 district police chiefs, officials said.
Ashish Gupta was made inspector general (Railways) while Sunil Gupta was transferred as Kanpur IG and posted as Allahabad IG.
Agra IG Ashutosh Pandey was posted as Kanpur IG and Mutha Ashok Jain became the new Agra IG.
Vijay Singh Meena was removed as Agra DIG and given charge of Basti, while Vijay Prakash was transferred from Gonda.
Durga Charan Mishra, DIG of the Provincial Armed Constabulary, Lucknow, was made Gonda DIG, while Prashant Kumar was appointed as the new DIG of Jhansi and Vijay Kumar Garg was made the new DIG of Azamgarh.
Aligarh Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Nitin Tiwari was transferred and made the new SSP of Mathura.
Deepika Tiwari was made the new police superintendent of Hathras, Ganga Nath Tripathi was appointed the new SSP of Etah, and Dharmendra Singh was made the new police superintendent of Ghaziabad, neighbouring New Delhi.
KS Emanuel is the new SSP of Kanpur city while Sonia Singh was made the new superintendent of Pilibhit.
N Kolanchi was made new superintendent of Rae Bareli and Ajay Kumar Mishra senior superintendent of Moradabad.
Rajesh Pandey, who was senior superintendent of Rae Bareli, the parliamentary constituency of Congress president Sonia Gandhi, has been made senior superintendent of Saharanpur.
Officials said the transfers were effected to spruce up the law and order in the state, specially after the drubbing of the Samajwadi Party in the Lok Sabha polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!