Badaun gang-rape case: CBI postpones exhumation of bodies
Zee Media Bureau
Badaun: Rising water level forced Central Bureau of Investigation`s (CBI) to postpone their attempt to exhume bodies of the two sisters who were murdered in Badaun around two months back, as per news reports on Sunday.
The attempt will now be reportedly made after 2-3 months once the water level recedes the graves.
The earlier attempt of exhuming the bodies from the river bank yesterday also turned out to be unsuccessful after bad weather and rising water level from river Ganga made it difficult to dig the graves.
The horrific incident came to light when the bodies of the two minor sisters, aged 14 and 15 years, were found hanging from a tree in the village.
After facing severe criticism, the state government handed over the investigation of the murder to CBI.
The CBI is exhuming the mortal remains of the two sisters so that fresh autopsy can be carried out to determine the cause of death.
The post-mortem is being conducted again after CBI found loopholes in the initial autopsy which was conducted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof