Badaun gang-rape case: Commissioner faces women`s ire in Katra village
Badaun: Demanding justice for the Badaun victims, a group of women on Wednesday protested in front of the Bareilly divisional commissioner in Katra Sadatganj village where the two teenaged girls were gangraped and later hanged from a tree, sparking a nation-wide outrage.
"Commissioner Bareilly K Ravindranayak along with other officers visited the village for inspection," District Magistrate Uday Raj Singh said.
During the commissioner`s visit, women of the village protested in front of him and said that they wanted justice for the victims, Singh said.
They also demanded that a CBI inquiry should be conducted into the matter at the earliest, after which the accused should be hanged, Singh said.
Commissioner Ravindranayak meanwhile said, justice would be done and adequate security would be provided to the family members of the victim.
Ravindranayak assured that the state government and the administration were committed to create a fear-free atmosphere in the village.
Meanwhile, Superintendent of Police Atul Saxena said a team was reaching from Delhi to prepare a sketch of unidentified persons named in the FIR.
He said that once sketch were ready identification of the accused would be done.
The two teenage girls, aged 14 and 15 years, were allegedly gangraped and murdered with their bodies found hanging from a mango tree in a village in Ushait area in Badaun.
The girls went missing on May 27 and their bodies were found the next day.
Badaun is 300 km from Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
Five accused-- three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav ---have been arrested in the case.
The two accused policemen have been terminated from their service.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal