Badaun gang-rape case: Paswan meets family of victims
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) chief Ram Vilas Paswan visited Badaun on Monday and met the family of the two teenage sisters who were brutally gang-raped and murdered.
Calling the incident “shameful,” he said that it is unfortunate that Uttar Pradesh Chief minister Akhilesh Yadav has not even paid a visit to the family members of the victim.
He will now submit a report of the incident to the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, as per news reports.
Paswan was accompanied by his son, Chirag Paswan, who is also an MP and chairman of the party`s Parliamentary Board.
The Union Minister`s visit comes after Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi and BSP supremo Mayawati visited the village to meet the family of the victims.
The shocking incident came to light after the bodies of two cousin sisters aged 14 and 15 years were found hanging from a tree in the village.
It was later confirmed that they were gang-raped and then murdered.
The family of the victims had alleged that the police failed to act after they went to report that their daughters were missing.
The police has arrested five accused - three brothers Pappu Yadav, Awadhesh Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav - in the case so far.
However, the remaining two accused are yet to be traced.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor