Badaun main accused taken on remand by SIT
Badaun: The main accused in Badaun gangrape and murder case was today taken on remand by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Uttar Pradesh police.
Additional District Judge Anil Kumar yesterday had remanded the main accused, Pappu Yadav, from 10 am to 7 pm for Wednesday.
Earlier, SIT team had conducted the medical test of Yadav before starting its probe.
Two cousins aged 14 and 15 were allegedly gangraped and hanged in Ushait area on May 27 and their bodies were found on May 28.
Three brothers Awadhesh Yadav, Pappu Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and two constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav have been arrested so far by the police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- PCB clears Younis Khan after accepting his apology
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net for Chhattisgarh Board CGBSE 10th X Class High School (HS) Exam Results 2016
- #CongressPlanningRiots is trending on Twitter. Here's why
- UMANG: This pan-India app will give you access to all government services
- CPI-M, BJP can't beat TMC in West Bengal, no post-poll alliance with Congress: Mamata Banerjee