Badaun main accused taken on remand by SIT
Badaun: The main accused in Badaun gangrape and murder case was today taken on remand by the Special Investigation Team (SIT) of the Uttar Pradesh police.
Additional District Judge Anil Kumar yesterday had remanded the main accused, Pappu Yadav, from 10 am to 7 pm for Wednesday.
Earlier, SIT team had conducted the medical test of Yadav before starting its probe.
Two cousins aged 14 and 15 were allegedly gangraped and hanged in Ushait area on May 27 and their bodies were found on May 28.
Three brothers Awadhesh Yadav, Pappu Yadav and Urvesh Yadav and two constables Chhatrapal Yadav and Sarvesh Yadav have been arrested so far by the police in this connection.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'