Bail application of Raja Bhaiyya rejected
Pratapgarh: A local court on Tuesday rejected an interim bail application of independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya and 10 others in the case related to threatening of a candidate in local body polls.
Additional District Judge Rifasat Ali Khan rejected the interim bail application of the 11 persons, including Raja Bhaiyya, which was moved yesterday, prosecution sources said here.
Raja Bhaiyya`s counsel Anwar Hussain said that next application will be moved on January 3.
Samajwadi Party MP Shailendra Kumar, party MLA Vinod Saroj, independent legislator Raghuraj Pratap Singh alias Raja Bhaiyya and SP MLC Akshay Pratap Singh alias Gopalji were among 11 people arrested on Sunday last.
The arrests were effected after an FIR was registered in a police station on a complaint of Manoj Kumar Shukla, BSP candidate for Babuganj block head post.
All of them were produced before a court which sent them to 14-day judicial custody.
Gopalji is the cousin of Raja Bhaiyya who is supported by the Samajwadi Party. SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had denounced the arrest of four lawmakers, saying the ruling BSP was trying to terrorise its workers to win local bodies polls.
Vinod Saroj had lodged a counter FIR against Shukla and 20 others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed in Tamil Nadu Assembly; didn't use force on crowd, says Chennai Police Commissioner
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur