Bail plea of eight accused in communal clash rejected
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of eight accused in the alleged killing of three persons in an outbreak of communal violence in Budhana area on October 30.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate KP Singh rejected the bail plea yesterday. The incident occurred on October 30 when the three victims, identified as Afroz(20), Meherban(21), and Ajmal(22) were beaten to death while another was injured in clashes between members of two communities at Muhammadpur Rai Singh village, District Magistrate Kaushal Raj said.
A case against 15 people was registered and eight people were arrested in this connection, police said. The victims were among those people staying in relief camps after the recent riots, sources said.
The incident appeared to be a fallout of the communal tension in the region. Muhammadpur Rai Singh village was one of places affected by the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- Divyansh Kakrora's death: Probe nails Ryan International School for glaring lapses; father alleges child was sodomised before murder
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step