Bail plea of eight accused in communal clash rejected
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of eight accused in the alleged killing of three persons in an outbreak of communal violence in Budhana area on October 30.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate KP Singh rejected the bail plea yesterday. The incident occurred on October 30 when the three victims, identified as Afroz(20), Meherban(21), and Ajmal(22) were beaten to death while another was injured in clashes between members of two communities at Muhammadpur Rai Singh village, District Magistrate Kaushal Raj said.
A case against 15 people was registered and eight people were arrested in this connection, police said. The victims were among those people staying in relief camps after the recent riots, sources said.
The incident appeared to be a fallout of the communal tension in the region. Muhammadpur Rai Singh village was one of places affected by the riots.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug