Bail plea of Muzaffarnagar riot accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of a man accused of murdering a villager during the riots in the district last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Jitender Kumar yesterday rejected the bail plea of the accused Kala alias Vijai in the murder case in Kharad village of the district.
According to prosecution, the accused allegedly killed a villager Sagir Ahmad and torched several homes and vehicles during the communal violence in the district in September last.
Ahmad`s son Meherban had lodged an FIR against several people in this connection.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the riots had identified several accused including Kala.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced in the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read