Bail plea of Muzaffarnagar riot accused rejected
Muzaffarnagar: A local court has rejected the bail plea of a man accused of murdering a villager during the riots in the district last year.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Jitender Kumar yesterday rejected the bail plea of the accused Kala alias Vijai in the murder case in Kharad village of the district.
According to prosecution, the accused allegedly killed a villager Sagir Ahmad and torched several homes and vehicles during the communal violence in the district in September last.
Ahmad`s son Meherban had lodged an FIR against several people in this connection.
Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the riots had identified several accused including Kala.
Around 60 people died and thousands were displaced in the communal violence in Muzaffarnagar and neighbouring villages of Western Uttar Pradesh last year.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today