Bajpai elected unopposed as UP BJP chief
Lucknow: Lakshmikant Bajpai was on Sunday elected unopposed to the post of president of state unit of BJP, party sources said here.
In the elections which were held after a gap of 12 years, where state executive members of the party were set to vote for BJP`s state unit president, Bajpai was elected unopposed as no one else had staked claim for the post, they said.
This was announced at a meeting yesterday, they said.
During the 12 years, state unit presidents were nominated by the central leadership, they said, adding, Bajpai was nominated to the post in April.
His tenure was set to end in December, and in the elections to the post, he won unopposed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- China warns India over deployment of BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- Switch to high speed 4G Jio, stop using Vodafone, Airtel: Reliance to employees
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai to receive Khel Ratna awards
- Kashmir issue can be resolved politically, not judicially: SC
- SpiceJet to launch flights to Silchar, Aizwal