Bajpai elected unopposed as UP BJP chief
Lucknow: Lakshmikant Bajpai was on Sunday elected unopposed to the post of president of state unit of BJP, party sources said here.
In the elections which were held after a gap of 12 years, where state executive members of the party were set to vote for BJP`s state unit president, Bajpai was elected unopposed as no one else had staked claim for the post, they said.
This was announced at a meeting yesterday, they said.
During the 12 years, state unit presidents were nominated by the central leadership, they said, adding, Bajpai was nominated to the post in April.
His tenure was set to end in December, and in the elections to the post, he won unopposed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!