Bajpai elected unopposed as UP BJP chief
Lucknow: Lakshmikant Bajpai was on Sunday elected unopposed to the post of president of state unit of BJP, party sources said here.
In the elections which were held after a gap of 12 years, where state executive members of the party were set to vote for BJP`s state unit president, Bajpai was elected unopposed as no one else had staked claim for the post, they said.
This was announced at a meeting yesterday, they said.
During the 12 years, state unit presidents were nominated by the central leadership, they said, adding, Bajpai was nominated to the post in April.
His tenure was set to end in December, and in the elections to the post, he won unopposed, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you