Bajpai elected unopposed as UP BJP chief
Lucknow: Lakshmikant Bajpai was on Sunday elected unopposed to the post of president of state unit of BJP, party sources said here.
In the elections which were held after a gap of 12 years, where state executive members of the party were set to vote for BJP`s state unit president, Bajpai was elected unopposed as no one else had staked claim for the post, they said.
This was announced at a meeting yesterday, they said.
During the 12 years, state unit presidents were nominated by the central leadership, they said, adding, Bajpai was nominated to the post in April.
His tenure was set to end in December, and in the elections to the post, he won unopposed, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference