Bajrang Dal protest Pakistan-goods exhibition
Kanpur: Several activists of Bajrang Dal on Wednesday protested outside an exhibition showcasing wares from Pakistan and were involved in a minor scuffle with some of the organisers, sources said.
An exhibition of garments, jewellery and other Pakistani products has been going on for past few days at the Kanha Galaxy hotel here in Swaroop Nagar.
Several activists reached outside the venue in the evening and started shouting slogans outside the exhibition. A minor scuffle also broke out between the activists and the organisers, following which the former vandalised the venue.
Bajrang Dal`s national president Prakash Sharma denied having knowledge about the incident saying he was in Delhi.
DIG Amitabh Yash too said he did not have any information about the incident, however, adding that it was not a crime to sell pakistan-made goods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder