Bajrang Dal protest Pakistan-goods exhibition
Kanpur: Several activists of Bajrang Dal on Wednesday protested outside an exhibition showcasing wares from Pakistan and were involved in a minor scuffle with some of the organisers, sources said.
An exhibition of garments, jewellery and other Pakistani products has been going on for past few days at the Kanha Galaxy hotel here in Swaroop Nagar.
Several activists reached outside the venue in the evening and started shouting slogans outside the exhibition. A minor scuffle also broke out between the activists and the organisers, following which the former vandalised the venue.
Bajrang Dal`s national president Prakash Sharma denied having knowledge about the incident saying he was in Delhi.
DIG Amitabh Yash too said he did not have any information about the incident, however, adding that it was not a crime to sell pakistan-made goods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble