Ballia fake encounter case: FIR against 17 cops
Lucknow/Ballia: An FIR has been registered
against 17 policemen, including three sub-inspectors, by
Crime Branch-CID in Ballia fake encounter case, police said
An FIR has been registered yesterday against 17 policemen
in July 2005 Ballia fake encounter case, Ubhaon Station
Officer Anil Kumar Singh said.
The move came after the agency in its inquiry, conducted
on the direction of the National Human Rights Commission, had
found that the policemen shot dead 21-year-old Tejan alias Tej
Bahadur, an intermediate student, in the fake encounter in
Saha Kundla village at Ubhao area in Ballia on July 11, 2005.
Among the accused is Sushil Pandey, the then in-charge
of Ubhaon police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum