Ballia fake encounter case: FIR against 17 cops
Lucknow/Ballia: An FIR has been registered
against 17 policemen, including three sub-inspectors, by
Crime Branch-CID in Ballia fake encounter case, police said
An FIR has been registered yesterday against 17 policemen
in July 2005 Ballia fake encounter case, Ubhaon Station
Officer Anil Kumar Singh said.
The move came after the agency in its inquiry, conducted
on the direction of the National Human Rights Commission, had
found that the policemen shot dead 21-year-old Tejan alias Tej
Bahadur, an intermediate student, in the fake encounter in
Saha Kundla village at Ubhao area in Ballia on July 11, 2005.
Among the accused is Sushil Pandey, the then in-charge
of Ubhaon police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Shocking revelation! Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was pregnant