Ballia fake encounter case: FIR against 17 cops
Lucknow/Ballia: An FIR has been registered
against 17 policemen, including three sub-inspectors, by
Crime Branch-CID in Ballia fake encounter case, police said
An FIR has been registered yesterday against 17 policemen
in July 2005 Ballia fake encounter case, Ubhaon Station
Officer Anil Kumar Singh said.
The move came after the agency in its inquiry, conducted
on the direction of the National Human Rights Commission, had
found that the policemen shot dead 21-year-old Tejan alias Tej
Bahadur, an intermediate student, in the fake encounter in
Saha Kundla village at Ubhao area in Ballia on July 11, 2005.
Among the accused is Sushil Pandey, the then in-charge
of Ubhaon police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical