Ballia fake encounter case: FIR against 17 cops
Lucknow/Ballia: An FIR has been registered
against 17 policemen, including three sub-inspectors, by
Crime Branch-CID in Ballia fake encounter case, police said
An FIR has been registered yesterday against 17 policemen
in July 2005 Ballia fake encounter case, Ubhaon Station
Officer Anil Kumar Singh said.
The move came after the agency in its inquiry, conducted
on the direction of the National Human Rights Commission, had
found that the policemen shot dead 21-year-old Tejan alias Tej
Bahadur, an intermediate student, in the fake encounter in
Saha Kundla village at Ubhao area in Ballia on July 11, 2005.
Among the accused is Sushil Pandey, the then in-charge
of Ubhaon police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren