Ban on taking a dip in river Ganga lifted
Muzaffarnagar: The ban on bathing in river Ganga, where thousands of dead fish were found floating, was lifted here on Thursday, officials said.
District authorities had imposed the ban earlier this week after thousands of dead fish were found floating in the river at Shukratal in the district due to chemical effluent
discharged by some factories.
A case was registered against factories in Uttarakhand for discharging poisonous water in the river.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day