Ban on taking a dip in river Ganga lifted
Muzaffarnagar: The ban on bathing in river Ganga, where thousands of dead fish were found floating, was lifted here on Thursday, officials said.
District authorities had imposed the ban earlier this week after thousands of dead fish were found floating in the river at Shukratal in the district due to chemical effluent
discharged by some factories.
A case was registered against factories in Uttarakhand for discharging poisonous water in the river.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?