Banda rape: Accused refused to take charge-sheet again
Banda: BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh
Dwiwedi and three others, accused in the rape case involving
a minor backward community girl, on Tuesday once again refused to
take a copy of the charge-sheet.
Dwiwedi and his accomplices, Rajendra Shukla, Suresh
Neta and Ravan Garg, were produced before Chief Judicial
Magistrate Trapta Chaudhary who extended their judicial remand
till February 28.
They refused to take the copy of the charge-sheet
saying the court should first act on their application moved
on February seven.
In their application, the accused had demanded their
identification parade in the jail or else they would not take
the copy of the charge-sheet.
The MLA and the other accused had earlier refused to
take the charge-sheet saying it was incomplete.
The teenaged girl was allegedly raped last December at
the legislators`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- No question of tampering with samples of shot putter Inderjeet Singh: NADA boss
- New Israeli settlement plans `provocative and counterproductive`: US
- One billion iPhones have been sold: Apple CEO Tim Cook
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat