Banda rape: Accused say chargesheet incomplete
Banda (UP): BSP MLA Purshottam Naresh
Dwiwedi and three others, accused in the rape case involving a
minor backward community girl, on Monday refused to take the copy
of the charge-sheet saying it was incomplete.
Dwiwedi and his associates -- Rajendra Shukla, Suresh
Neta and Ravan Garg -- were produced before a court here which
extended their judicial remand till February 15, the next date
of hearing in the case.
The accused refused to take copy of the charge-sheet
filed by the police saying it was incomplete, the prosecution
Dwiwedi`s counsel moved an application before Chief
Judicial Magistrate Trapta Chaudhary submitting the medical
report of the girl, the statement of the investigating officer
and the personnel, who lodged the FIR, were not included in
The CJM posted the matter for further hearing on
The teenaged girl was allegedly raped last December at
the legislators`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says