Banda rape case: Jail for victim till Jan 27
Banda: Lodged in a jail here on theft charges for a month, a dalit girl who was allegedly raped by BSP MLA Purshottam Dwivedi, was on Friday produced in the local court which extended her judicial custody till January 27.
The teenager was produced before Civil Judge Ravi Kumar Gupta who fixed Jan 27 as the next date of hearing.
Nishad was arrested following a complaint by Dwivedi`s brother at Attara police station in December last soon after she was allegedly raped by the ruling party legislator.
Dwivedi was arrested yesterday and sent to judicial custody along with two of his aides Suresh Neta and Rajendra Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'