Banda rape case: Jail for victim till Jan 27
Banda: Lodged in a jail here on theft charges for a month, a dalit girl who was allegedly raped by BSP MLA Purshottam Dwivedi, was on Friday produced in the local court which extended her judicial custody till January 27.
The teenager was produced before Civil Judge Ravi Kumar Gupta who fixed Jan 27 as the next date of hearing.
Nishad was arrested following a complaint by Dwivedi`s brother at Attara police station in December last soon after she was allegedly raped by the ruling party legislator.
Dwivedi was arrested yesterday and sent to judicial custody along with two of his aides Suresh Neta and Rajendra Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet