Banda: Two students killed in road accident
Lucknow: Two students were killed and 10 injured when a speeding bus rammed into their school van in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place in Tenduari area, when the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus dashed against the van of the private Dayal Public School.
"While two boys died on the spot, 10 students received multiple injuries," inspector RK Mishra told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of around five students is stated to be critical," he added.
According to police, the students were in the age group of 8-12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police