Banda: Two students killed in road accident
Lucknow: Two students were killed and 10 injured when a speeding bus rammed into their school van in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place in Tenduari area, when the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus dashed against the van of the private Dayal Public School.
"While two boys died on the spot, 10 students received multiple injuries," inspector RK Mishra told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of around five students is stated to be critical," he added.
According to police, the students were in the age group of 8-12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites