Banda: Two students killed in road accident
Lucknow: Two students were killed and 10 injured when a speeding bus rammed into their school van in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place in Tenduari area, when the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus dashed against the van of the private Dayal Public School.
"While two boys died on the spot, 10 students received multiple injuries," inspector RK Mishra told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of around five students is stated to be critical," he added.
According to police, the students were in the age group of 8-12 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Congress sounds UP poll bugle; Sonia, Rahul flag off three-day bus Yatra '27 Saal UP Behaal'
- Sunny Leone in trouble after singing national anthem at Pro Kabaddi League match - Here's why
- Another ISIS suspect arrested from Maharashtra's Thane district
- Oops! Shah Rukh Khan, Rohit Shetty friends no more?
- NASA's NEEMO 21 research mission begins, aquanauts splash down!