Banda: Two students killed in road accident
Lucknow: Two students were killed and 10 injured when a speeding bus rammed into their school van in Uttar Pradesh`s Banda district Thursday, police said.
The accident took place in Tenduari area, when the Uttar Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (UPSRTC) bus dashed against the van of the private Dayal Public School.
"While two boys died on the spot, 10 students received multiple injuries," inspector RK Mishra told reporters in Banda, some 200 km from here.
"All the injured are being treated at the district hospital, where the condition of around five students is stated to be critical," he added.
According to police, the students were in the age group of 8-12 years.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev