Bangladeshis arrested for duping
Lucknow: Seven Bangladeshi nationals were
arrested for allegedly duping people with the promise of
exchanging foreign currency at a cheaper rate from Chinhat
area here, official sources said on Sunday.
"Seven Bangladeshi nationals, who used to trick people,
on pretext of exchanging foreign currency like Dollar and
Riyal at a cheaper rate than the existing price were arrested
by a joint team of police and anti-extortion cell from Kamta
crossing," they said.
Dollars and Riyals of different denominations along with
Rs 55,000 in cash were recovered from their possession.
Those arrested were identified as Mohd Ripun, Sarvar,
Munir, Rashid, Kalam, Abdul and Liton, they said, adding that
the gang members were living in the country illegally for the
past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation