Bangladeshis arrested for duping
Lucknow: Seven Bangladeshi nationals were
arrested for allegedly duping people with the promise of
exchanging foreign currency at a cheaper rate from Chinhat
area here, official sources said on Sunday.
"Seven Bangladeshi nationals, who used to trick people,
on pretext of exchanging foreign currency like Dollar and
Riyal at a cheaper rate than the existing price were arrested
by a joint team of police and anti-extortion cell from Kamta
crossing," they said.
Dollars and Riyals of different denominations along with
Rs 55,000 in cash were recovered from their possession.
Those arrested were identified as Mohd Ripun, Sarvar,
Munir, Rashid, Kalam, Abdul and Liton, they said, adding that
the gang members were living in the country illegally for the
past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?