Bangladeshis arrested for duping
Lucknow: Seven Bangladeshi nationals were
arrested for allegedly duping people with the promise of
exchanging foreign currency at a cheaper rate from Chinhat
area here, official sources said on Sunday.
"Seven Bangladeshi nationals, who used to trick people,
on pretext of exchanging foreign currency like Dollar and
Riyal at a cheaper rate than the existing price were arrested
by a joint team of police and anti-extortion cell from Kamta
crossing," they said.
Dollars and Riyals of different denominations along with
Rs 55,000 in cash were recovered from their possession.
Those arrested were identified as Mohd Ripun, Sarvar,
Munir, Rashid, Kalam, Abdul and Liton, they said, adding that
the gang members were living in the country illegally for the
past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre