Bangladeshis arrested for duping
Lucknow: Seven Bangladeshi nationals were
arrested for allegedly duping people with the promise of
exchanging foreign currency at a cheaper rate from Chinhat
area here, official sources said on Sunday.
"Seven Bangladeshi nationals, who used to trick people,
on pretext of exchanging foreign currency like Dollar and
Riyal at a cheaper rate than the existing price were arrested
by a joint team of police and anti-extortion cell from Kamta
crossing," they said.
Dollars and Riyals of different denominations along with
Rs 55,000 in cash were recovered from their possession.
Those arrested were identified as Mohd Ripun, Sarvar,
Munir, Rashid, Kalam, Abdul and Liton, they said, adding that
the gang members were living in the country illegally for the
past several years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 declared: Check gbshse.gov.in, goaresults.nic.in to know your score
- Gold price slumps by Rs 370 to 6-week low of Rs 29,200 per ten grams
- Music companies give commercial songs to their artists: Sonu Nigam
- Childhood fitness cuts heart disease risks in adulthood
- Flipkart irks IIM Ahmedabad over delayed joining date, offers poor compensation for late joining