Bank manager commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A manager at a government bank allegedly committed suicide in Kakadeo area, police said on Tuesday.
45-year-old Sunil Gupta, Manager at Oriental Bank of Commerce, who was transfered from Jaipur to Kanpur two months ago, was found hanging in his house by his landlord on Monday.
A suicide note which was recovered from the spot blames the office staff who allegedly tortured him following which he took the extreme step, they said.
The office staff is being interrogated and investigations are on, they said.
In another case, a man hanged himself from a tree in Madanpur area.
According to the police, Pappu had an argument with his son Sudhir last month after which the son`s body was recovered under suspicious circumstances. The police had then suspected Pappu and his kins` involvement in the case.
Fearing arrest, Pappu committed suicide on Monday. Further investigations are being conducted in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read