Bank manager commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: A manager at a government bank allegedly committed suicide in Kakadeo area, police said on Tuesday.
45-year-old Sunil Gupta, Manager at Oriental Bank of Commerce, who was transfered from Jaipur to Kanpur two months ago, was found hanging in his house by his landlord on Monday.
A suicide note which was recovered from the spot blames the office staff who allegedly tortured him following which he took the extreme step, they said.
The office staff is being interrogated and investigations are on, they said.
In another case, a man hanged himself from a tree in Madanpur area.
According to the police, Pappu had an argument with his son Sudhir last month after which the son`s body was recovered under suspicious circumstances. The police had then suspected Pappu and his kins` involvement in the case.
Fearing arrest, Pappu committed suicide on Monday. Further investigations are being conducted in the case, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief