Bank manager shoots wife, daughter before attempting suicide
Lucknow: A "depressed" bank manager on Monday allegedly killed his wife and daughter and seriously injured his son before attempting suicide in Vikas Nagar area of the city.
According to the police, Surendra Singh, 55, was being treated for depression for long, and this morning, he shot dead his 54-year-old wife Anamika and daughter Neha (26).
He also shot at his son Nishant (25) with his licenced revolver and later attempted suicide, police said.
Singh is branch manager of a nationalised bank in Kapoorthala area of the city, police said.
The bank manager and his son were rushed to a nearby hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees