`Bar AMU VC from selection committee`
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University
Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) on Wednesday requested the President
to bar AMU Vice Chancellor Prof PK Abdul Azis from playing any
role in selection committee.
"This step has become necessary because the the VC is
facing probes by the CBI, CVC and the CAG on charges of
alleged financial misappropriation," Secretary AMUTA Mustafa
Zaidi told reporters here.
Azis should not be allowed to participate in crucial
exercise of making appointments, he said.
AMU spokesman, Rahat Abrar when contacted said that so far they have not received any official information
regarding any such probe. Therefore, the question of offering
any explanation on the teachers` demand does not arise.
"We have seen some media reports to this effect and we
cannot react to such reports until we have any official
confirmation of such probes," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- 'Akira' animator Makiko Futaki dies at 57
- Video alert - Lisa Haydon, Jacqueline Fernandez fight like Tom and Jerry!
- Discussing Apple's request for FDI rules waiver: Sitharaman
- Nirmala Sitharaman recommends raising tax holiday for start-ups
- Blasted by Twitterati, Tanmay Bhat hits back with 'Advani ke budhape' tweet; deletes it mins after posting