`Bar AMU VC from selection committee`
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University
Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) on Wednesday requested the President
to bar AMU Vice Chancellor Prof PK Abdul Azis from playing any
role in selection committee.
"This step has become necessary because the the VC is
facing probes by the CBI, CVC and the CAG on charges of
alleged financial misappropriation," Secretary AMUTA Mustafa
Zaidi told reporters here.
Azis should not be allowed to participate in crucial
exercise of making appointments, he said.
AMU spokesman, Rahat Abrar when contacted said that so far they have not received any official information
regarding any such probe. Therefore, the question of offering
any explanation on the teachers` demand does not arise.
"We have seen some media reports to this effect and we
cannot react to such reports until we have any official
confirmation of such probes," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account