`Bar AMU VC from selection committee`
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University
Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) on Wednesday requested the President
to bar AMU Vice Chancellor Prof PK Abdul Azis from playing any
role in selection committee.
"This step has become necessary because the the VC is
facing probes by the CBI, CVC and the CAG on charges of
alleged financial misappropriation," Secretary AMUTA Mustafa
Zaidi told reporters here.
Azis should not be allowed to participate in crucial
exercise of making appointments, he said.
AMU spokesman, Rahat Abrar when contacted said that so far they have not received any official information
regarding any such probe. Therefore, the question of offering
any explanation on the teachers` demand does not arise.
"We have seen some media reports to this effect and we
cannot react to such reports until we have any official
confirmation of such probes," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea