`Bar AMU VC from selection committee`
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University
Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) on Wednesday requested the President
to bar AMU Vice Chancellor Prof PK Abdul Azis from playing any
role in selection committee.
"This step has become necessary because the the VC is
facing probes by the CBI, CVC and the CAG on charges of
alleged financial misappropriation," Secretary AMUTA Mustafa
Zaidi told reporters here.
Azis should not be allowed to participate in crucial
exercise of making appointments, he said.
AMU spokesman, Rahat Abrar when contacted said that so far they have not received any official information
regarding any such probe. Therefore, the question of offering
any explanation on the teachers` demand does not arise.
"We have seen some media reports to this effect and we
cannot react to such reports until we have any official
confirmation of such probes," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan