`Bar AMU VC from selection committee`
Aligarh: Aligarh Muslim University
Teachers’ Association (AMUTA) on Wednesday requested the President
to bar AMU Vice Chancellor Prof PK Abdul Azis from playing any
role in selection committee.
"This step has become necessary because the the VC is
facing probes by the CBI, CVC and the CAG on charges of
alleged financial misappropriation," Secretary AMUTA Mustafa
Zaidi told reporters here.
Azis should not be allowed to participate in crucial
exercise of making appointments, he said.
AMU spokesman, Rahat Abrar when contacted said that so far they have not received any official information
regarding any such probe. Therefore, the question of offering
any explanation on the teachers` demand does not arise.
"We have seen some media reports to this effect and we
cannot react to such reports until we have any official
confirmation of such probes," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH