Bareilly: Curfew relaxed as situation returns to normal
Bareilly: With situation in the violence hit town returning to normal, curfew was relaxed on Wednesday even as 105 more arrests were made in connection with the clashes that broke out in Aonla on Sunday.
Inspector General of Police B P Singh told reporters in Lucknow that no incident was reported from any part of the city.
"The situation is completely under control and 105 people have been arrested in connection with clashes in Bareilly and Aonla," he said.
With this, a total of 370 people have been arrested in connection with the clashes.
He said curfew was lifted in Izzatnagar and was relaxed for two to four hours in other places.
Singh said that local residents were cooperating in maintaining peace.
Meanwhile, Additional Director General of Police Jagmohan Yadav said that action under the stringent National Security Act (NSA) would be taken against those involved in clashes.
He told reporters that video footage of the clashes were being checked and action would be taken against those involved.
One person was killed and several others were injured in Bareilly in a clash that spread to neighbouring Aonla after which curfew was imposed in both the places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption