Bareilly: Curfew relaxed for 5 hrs as normalcy returns
Bareilly: Curfew was on Sunday relaxed for five hours as normalcy returned to the city on the eighth day of the clashes, senior officials said here.
Curfew was relaxed for five hours during which people purchased items of daily needs, Divisional Commissioner Ram Mohan Rao and IG Devendra Singh Chauhan told reporters.
They said tight security arrangements have been made for `jalabhishek` - a religious ceremony - tomorrow and a route for kanwarias to reach temples has been charted.
He said so far 415 people have been arrested in connection with clashes that broke out last Sunday in Bareilly and neighbouring Aonla.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav met kin of the victims killed during clashes and distributed cheques of Rs 5 lakh each. Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video