Bareilly: Curfew relaxed for 5 hrs as normalcy returns
Bareilly: Curfew was on Sunday relaxed for five hours as normalcy returned to the city on the eighth day of the clashes, senior officials said here.
Curfew was relaxed for five hours during which people purchased items of daily needs, Divisional Commissioner Ram Mohan Rao and IG Devendra Singh Chauhan told reporters.
They said tight security arrangements have been made for `jalabhishek` - a religious ceremony - tomorrow and a route for kanwarias to reach temples has been charted.
He said so far 415 people have been arrested in connection with clashes that broke out last Sunday in Bareilly and neighbouring Aonla.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav met kin of the victims killed during clashes and distributed cheques of Rs 5 lakh each. Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan