Bareilly: Curfew relaxed for 5 hrs as normalcy returns
Bareilly: Curfew was on Sunday relaxed for five hours as normalcy returned to the city on the eighth day of the clashes, senior officials said here.
Curfew was relaxed for five hours during which people purchased items of daily needs, Divisional Commissioner Ram Mohan Rao and IG Devendra Singh Chauhan told reporters.
They said tight security arrangements have been made for `jalabhishek` - a religious ceremony - tomorrow and a route for kanwarias to reach temples has been charted.
He said so far 415 people have been arrested in connection with clashes that broke out last Sunday in Bareilly and neighbouring Aonla.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav met kin of the victims killed during clashes and distributed cheques of Rs 5 lakh each. Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves