Bareilly: Curfew relaxed for 5 hrs as normalcy returns
Bareilly: Curfew was on Sunday relaxed for five hours as normalcy returned to the city on the eighth day of the clashes, senior officials said here.
Curfew was relaxed for five hours during which people purchased items of daily needs, Divisional Commissioner Ram Mohan Rao and IG Devendra Singh Chauhan told reporters.
They said tight security arrangements have been made for `jalabhishek` - a religious ceremony - tomorrow and a route for kanwarias to reach temples has been charted.
He said so far 415 people have been arrested in connection with clashes that broke out last Sunday in Bareilly and neighbouring Aonla.
Meanwhile, PWD Minister Shivpal Singh Yadav met kin of the victims killed during clashes and distributed cheques of Rs 5 lakh each. Three persons were killed in clashes in Bareilly and Aonla on Sunday and Monday after which curfew was clamped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- Preity Zinta to tie the knot this Valentine?