Basera gangrape case: 14 accused held guilty
Muzaffarnagar: Fourteen people, including three women, have been held guilty by a local court here for abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl.
Additional District Sessions Judge R P Singh last evening held 14 accused guilty of the crime under various sections of the Indian Penal Code in the 10-year-old case.
Five of the accused have been held guilty of gangrape while the co-accused of abduction and other charges.
The judge will pronounce the quantum of sentence on February 11.
According to the prosecution, a 15-year-old girl was gangraped at Basera village in the district on October 9, 2003 after her brother eloped with a girl belonging to a different community.
Chargesheet against 16 persons was submitted out of which two were declared juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state