Basera gangrape case: 14 accused held guilty
Muzaffarnagar: Fourteen people, including three women, have been held guilty by a local court here for abducting and raping a 15-year-old girl.
Additional District Sessions Judge R P Singh last evening held 14 accused guilty of the crime under various sections of the Indian Penal Code in the 10-year-old case.
Five of the accused have been held guilty of gangrape while the co-accused of abduction and other charges.
The judge will pronounce the quantum of sentence on February 11.
According to the prosecution, a 15-year-old girl was gangraped at Basera village in the district on October 9, 2003 after her brother eloped with a girl belonging to a different community.
Chargesheet against 16 persons was submitted out of which two were declared juvenile.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security