Batla House verdict: Alert sounded in UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has issued an alert across the state to avoid any untoward law and order situation in wake of a Delhi court order on the 2008 Batla House encounter case.
"An alert has been sounded all over the state after Delhi court`s order on Batala House encounter," IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma said.
He said all the district police chiefs have been asked to step up vigil and make sure that unscruplous elements don`t take any advantage of the situation.
Lone suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Shahzad Ahmad was today convicted in the 2008 Batla House encounter case by a Delhi court for murdering a police inspector and assaulting other officers.
The court will pronounce its order on sentence on Monday.
- WATCH: Despite crushing defeat, Virat Kohli shows ultimate sign of sporting spirit
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- Now get health tips on Facebook Messenger with Lybrate's chatbot!
- Icra sees deposit growth inching up to 10-11% in FY17
- Good News! Air India no longer loss-making