Batla House verdict: Alert sounded in UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has issued an alert across the state to avoid any untoward law and order situation in wake of a Delhi court order on the 2008 Batla House encounter case.
"An alert has been sounded all over the state after Delhi court`s order on Batala House encounter," IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma said.
He said all the district police chiefs have been asked to step up vigil and make sure that unscruplous elements don`t take any advantage of the situation.
Lone suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Shahzad Ahmad was today convicted in the 2008 Batla House encounter case by a Delhi court for murdering a police inspector and assaulting other officers.
The court will pronounce its order on sentence on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed