Batla House verdict: Alert sounded in UP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has issued an alert across the state to avoid any untoward law and order situation in wake of a Delhi court order on the 2008 Batla House encounter case.
"An alert has been sounded all over the state after Delhi court`s order on Batala House encounter," IG (Law and Order) RK Vishwakarma said.
He said all the district police chiefs have been asked to step up vigil and make sure that unscruplous elements don`t take any advantage of the situation.
Lone suspected Indian Mujahideen operative Shahzad Ahmad was today convicted in the 2008 Batla House encounter case by a Delhi court for murdering a police inspector and assaulting other officers.
The court will pronounce its order on sentence on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Jharkhand BJP chief's son accused of sexual exploitation, marrying a minor
- Mark Ruffalo wants full-fledged solo movie on 'Black Widow'
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' will hit silver-screen with songs
- South Sudan ceasefire monitors warn of violence
- Chennai Infosys employee murder: High-resolution image of suspect released