BDC member killed over family dispute
Amethi: A Block Development Committee member was killed and his wife and daughter-in-law seriously injured after being allegedly attacked by his brother over a family dispute in village Chaudahwa here, police said Thursday.
Paras Nath Yadav, a BDC member of Sangrampur, was attacked by his brother Baijnath Yadav and his sons Om Prakash and Sonu with sticks yesterday. When his wife and daughter-in-law tried to save him they were also beaten up.
While Paras died, his wife and daughter-in-law sustained serious injuries. They have been admitted to a hospital, police said.
Family dispute appears to be the cause behind the crime, Superintendent of Police Ravi Shankar Chhavi said, adding efforts were on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!