BDC member killed over family dispute
Amethi: A Block Development Committee member was killed and his wife and daughter-in-law seriously injured after being allegedly attacked by his brother over a family dispute in village Chaudahwa here, police said Thursday.
Paras Nath Yadav, a BDC member of Sangrampur, was attacked by his brother Baijnath Yadav and his sons Om Prakash and Sonu with sticks yesterday. When his wife and daughter-in-law tried to save him they were also beaten up.
While Paras died, his wife and daughter-in-law sustained serious injuries. They have been admitted to a hospital, police said.
Family dispute appears to be the cause behind the crime, Superintendent of Police Ravi Shankar Chhavi said, adding efforts were on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off