Be flexible enough to change with the times: Kidwai to AMU
Aligarh: On the occasion of the 195th birth anniversary of Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, former Union Minister and Congress Rajya Sabha member Mohsina Kidwai Wednesday called upon the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) community to face challenges of the contemporary times by adapting to changes.
"No society can survive by remaining static. The founder of AMU, Sir Syed Ahmad Khan, was a champion of change and heralded a new vision for Muslim society in the 19th century," Kidwai said while addressing a large gathering of teachers and students here.
If AMU has to successfully counter the challenges posed by the entry of private educational institutions from India and abroad, then it was imperative that the great centre of learning should create a new vision by re-evaluating its goals and rapidly introduce courses in tune with the future.
AMU Vice-Chancellor Lt General (Retd) Zameer Uddin Shah said the University was entering a fresh era by exploring new vistas of knowledge, adding that it will always remain a citadel of secularism and modern education in the days ahead.
The University also felicitated winners of the All India Essay Writing Competition on the occasion.
The winner of this year`s essay contest on "Sir Syed`s vision and the establishment of off campus centres of AMU" Avinash Ranjan from Gaya, Bihar, was given a cash prize of Rs 25,000 and a citation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BCCI announces Team India squad for Bangladesh tour
- Sudha Shivpuri aka 'Baa' of 'Kyuki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi' dies
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Bihar Intermediate Result 2015 declared