Beacon of Jaya Prada`s vehicle removed
Rampur: Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Prada on Saturday said the beacon of her vehicle was forcibly removed by some government officials and threatened to raise the issue in Parliament.
She claimed that a group of about two dozen officials, including policemen, were present during the procedure at her home.
"The officials should not have come to my house. They should have checked my car on the road," the actress turned politician said.
"I will raise the matter in Parliament," she said.
The action has come close on the heels of a police raid at Jaya Prada`s hotel room on March 3 in the district.
The police had said that the raid was conducted on suspicion that the former actress was carrying huge sum of money to distribute among voters.
Although Jaya Prada is a SP MP, she owes allegiance to Amar Singh, who was expelled from the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead