Bedlam continues in UP Legislative Council
Lucknow: BSP members continued to disrupt proceedings in UP Legislative Council for the second day on Thursday over the reported incident in Etawah district, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in a village in full public view.
They also alleged involvement of some Samajwadi Party men in the incident on March 19.
Raising the issue through an adjournment motion, Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui sought a discussion over the issue during the Zero Hour and called for strict action against the guilty.
Siddiqui also alleged victimisation of people belonging to backward communities of the state, on which Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan accused him of giving misleading statements and claimed that 35,000 innocent people were jailed under SC/ST Act during the latter`s government.
Dissatisfied with the reply, BSP members stormed into the well and raised anti-government slogans after which chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey adjourned the house for some time.
Earlier, Congress and BJP members staged a dharna in the well on the same issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'