Bedlam continues in UP Legislative Council
Lucknow: BSP members continued to disrupt proceedings in UP Legislative Council for the second day on Thursday over the reported incident in Etawah district, where a couple was allegedly humiliated in a village in full public view.
They also alleged involvement of some Samajwadi Party men in the incident on March 19.
Raising the issue through an adjournment motion, Leader of Opposition Naseemuddin Siddiqui sought a discussion over the issue during the Zero Hour and called for strict action against the guilty.
Siddiqui also alleged victimisation of people belonging to backward communities of the state, on which Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan accused him of giving misleading statements and claimed that 35,000 innocent people were jailed under SC/ST Act during the latter`s government.
Dissatisfied with the reply, BSP members stormed into the well and raised anti-government slogans after which chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey adjourned the house for some time.
Earlier, Congress and BJP members staged a dharna in the well on the same issue.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical