Beni Prasad says Mulayam is `crazy`; SP upset
New Delhi: Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Mohan Singh on Monday hit out at Beni Prasad Verma over his criticism of Mulayam Singh Yadav, saying that his party would have to reconsider its decision of supporting the ruling UPA Government if the Union Steel Minister is not removed from the Cabinet.
Singh said it is extremely unfortunate that Verma, who considered Mulayam Singh Yadav as his political guru once upon a time, is now showing his callous attitude.
"The man became a Cabinet Minister because of Mulayam Singh`s grace in the Central Government in 1996-97 and then a state cabinet minister for around 10 years. These types of words coming from the mouth of a person, who looked up to Mulayam as a leader for 30 long years, shows his flexible attitude and proves that he doesn`t deserve to be a Cabinet Minister in the government, which has the full support of our party," said Singh.
"If the Government of India does not remove him, then we will have to reconsider and rethink about our decision to support the government," he added.
Verma had earlier on Sunday criticised the Samajwadi Party chief, saying his dream of having a government at the Centre will never come true.
"Mulayam Singh has gone crazy, and his dream of having a government at the Centre will never come true," he told mediapersons on the sidelines of a function in Barabanki, near Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen