Beni Prasad Varma cautions Muslims against SP`s vote bank politics
Ambedkarnagar (UP): Intensifying his attack on Samajwadi Party chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Union minister Beni Prasad Verma on Monday accused him of betraying Muslims, who should be wary of SP`s vote bank politics.
The Congress leader terming the SP government "as government of looters" vowed to settle his 30-year-old score with the SP chief.
The Union steel minister was here today to lay the foundation stone of a steel processing plant, which will have the capacity of producing 72,000 tonnes of steel bars every year.
Attacking the socialism of Mulayam, Verma said "had the the great socialist Ram Manohar Lohia been alive, he would be crying over the brand of socialism being practised by the SP chief".
Warning Muslims, Verma said that SP government has always "deceived and betrayed them".
On the recent death of terror suspect Khalid Mujahid, Verma said instead of releasing him the state government "poisoned" him.
Mujahid died in police custody in May while being taken to a prison in Lucknow from Barabanki. A probe into the matter is on.
"The judicial report (Nimesh Commission) into the arrest of innocent youths in the serial blasts was submitted in August 2012, but was not released," Verma said.
Taking a dig at Narendra Modi`s claims of freedom from Congress and setting a statue of Sardar Patel, he said that Gujarat CM appears to have forgotten that Patel had banned the RSS after the assassination of Mahatma Gandhi.
The minister said that the steel factory would help in the progress of Ambedkarnagar, giving employment to thousands of youths.
On the Uttarakhand devastation, he said that all employees of the Ministry of Steel will donate a day`s salary to the Disaster Relief Fund.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH