Beni son charged with attempt to murder
Barabanki: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, his son Rakesh
Verma and others by a local Congress leader levelling against
them the charge of attempt to murder, a senior police official
The FIR has been registered by one Shiv Shankar Shukla,
who alleged that on Nov 21, Beni, Rakesh and eight-10 others
had attacked to kill him when he went to meet them.
The FIR was registered at the city police station under
section 307 IPC (attempt to murder), Superintendent of Police
RK Bhardwaj told.
Rakesh is Congress candidate from Dariyabad constituency
and was a minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
During the tour of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to Uttar
Pradesh, local Congress leaders have been venting their ire
against Beni Prasad Verma for allegedly ignoring devoted party
workers and promoting outsiders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living