Beni son charged with attempt to murder
Barabanki: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, his son Rakesh
Verma and others by a local Congress leader levelling against
them the charge of attempt to murder, a senior police official
The FIR has been registered by one Shiv Shankar Shukla,
who alleged that on Nov 21, Beni, Rakesh and eight-10 others
had attacked to kill him when he went to meet them.
The FIR was registered at the city police station under
section 307 IPC (attempt to murder), Superintendent of Police
RK Bhardwaj told.
Rakesh is Congress candidate from Dariyabad constituency
and was a minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
During the tour of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to Uttar
Pradesh, local Congress leaders have been venting their ire
against Beni Prasad Verma for allegedly ignoring devoted party
workers and promoting outsiders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash