Beni son charged with attempt to murder
Barabanki: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, his son Rakesh
Verma and others by a local Congress leader levelling against
them the charge of attempt to murder, a senior police official
The FIR has been registered by one Shiv Shankar Shukla,
who alleged that on Nov 21, Beni, Rakesh and eight-10 others
had attacked to kill him when he went to meet them.
The FIR was registered at the city police station under
section 307 IPC (attempt to murder), Superintendent of Police
RK Bhardwaj told.
Rakesh is Congress candidate from Dariyabad constituency
and was a minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
During the tour of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to Uttar
Pradesh, local Congress leaders have been venting their ire
against Beni Prasad Verma for allegedly ignoring devoted party
workers and promoting outsiders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Maharashtra to call special assembly session on Aug 29 to ratify GST Bill
- PATHETIC! No water, missing Indian officials reason behind OP Jaisha's collapse in Rio
- Eat oranges to ward off heart disease, diabetes risk
- Indian equity markets slip on negative global cues
- Low job satisfaction can hamper your mental health