Beni son charged with attempt to murder
Barabanki: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, his son Rakesh
Verma and others by a local Congress leader levelling against
them the charge of attempt to murder, a senior police official
The FIR has been registered by one Shiv Shankar Shukla,
who alleged that on Nov 21, Beni, Rakesh and eight-10 others
had attacked to kill him when he went to meet them.
The FIR was registered at the city police station under
section 307 IPC (attempt to murder), Superintendent of Police
RK Bhardwaj told.
Rakesh is Congress candidate from Dariyabad constituency
and was a minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
During the tour of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to Uttar
Pradesh, local Congress leaders have been venting their ire
against Beni Prasad Verma for allegedly ignoring devoted party
workers and promoting outsiders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside
- Buying your dream home in Gurgaon to get cheaper; circle rates might be slashed