Beni son charged with attempt to murder
Barabanki: An FIR was on Wednesday registered
against Union Steel Minister Beni Prasad Verma, his son Rakesh
Verma and others by a local Congress leader levelling against
them the charge of attempt to murder, a senior police official
The FIR has been registered by one Shiv Shankar Shukla,
who alleged that on Nov 21, Beni, Rakesh and eight-10 others
had attacked to kill him when he went to meet them.
The FIR was registered at the city police station under
section 307 IPC (attempt to murder), Superintendent of Police
RK Bhardwaj told.
Rakesh is Congress candidate from Dariyabad constituency
and was a minister in Mulayam Singh Yadav government.
During the tour of Congress leader Rahul Gandhi to Uttar
Pradesh, local Congress leaders have been venting their ire
against Beni Prasad Verma for allegedly ignoring devoted party
workers and promoting outsiders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday