Beni`s comment on Mulayam baseless: AIBMAC
Lucknow: Two days after Union minister Beni Prasad Verma alleged that SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had "cheated" minorities, convener of All India Babri Masjid Action Committee Zafaryab Jilani today came out in his support saying the comments were "baseless and false".
"Saying that Mulayam cheated minorities on the issue of Babri mosque was entirely false and baseless," Jilani said.
He said that a senior leader and a Union minister should not make such a "false and baseless" allegations specially when those well informed with the issue are present.
"On the basis of being well informed about the action taken by Mulayam to protect Babri mosque before and after October 29 1990 it can be said with responsibility that he as chief minister devoted maximum time to oversee arrangements for the security of the mosque than any other work," Jilani said in a statement issued here.
He said that one leader had suggested the SP supremo that the mosque should be given to Hindus.
"...But Mulayam replied that security of the mosque was his constitutional responsibility and once the danger is over Muslims would be free to do whatever they wanted," he said.
Beni on Saturday alleged that Mulayam has "cheated minorities" and had a tacit understanding with the BJP.
The Gonda MP had alleged that there was an understanding between Mulayam and BJP leader LK Advani in 1998 due to which the SP supremo was able to form government in UP in 2003 in spite of having only 135 MLAs.
"How did Ahsok Singhal reached Ayodhya on October 30 noon, how slogans were raised, how two youths reached the top of the mosque and on whose order firing was done," Beni had asked.
Beni alleged that it was his political analysis that Mulayam had "always cheated minorities".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed