Beni`s comment on Mulayam baseless: AIBMAC
Lucknow: Two days after Union minister Beni Prasad Verma alleged that SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav had "cheated" minorities, convener of All India Babri Masjid Action Committee Zafaryab Jilani today came out in his support saying the comments were "baseless and false".
"Saying that Mulayam cheated minorities on the issue of Babri mosque was entirely false and baseless," Jilani said.
He said that a senior leader and a Union minister should not make such a "false and baseless" allegations specially when those well informed with the issue are present.
"On the basis of being well informed about the action taken by Mulayam to protect Babri mosque before and after October 29 1990 it can be said with responsibility that he as chief minister devoted maximum time to oversee arrangements for the security of the mosque than any other work," Jilani said in a statement issued here.
He said that one leader had suggested the SP supremo that the mosque should be given to Hindus.
"...But Mulayam replied that security of the mosque was his constitutional responsibility and once the danger is over Muslims would be free to do whatever they wanted," he said.
Beni on Saturday alleged that Mulayam has "cheated minorities" and had a tacit understanding with the BJP.
The Gonda MP had alleged that there was an understanding between Mulayam and BJP leader LK Advani in 1998 due to which the SP supremo was able to form government in UP in 2003 in spite of having only 135 MLAs.
"How did Ahsok Singhal reached Ayodhya on October 30 noon, how slogans were raised, how two youths reached the top of the mosque and on whose order firing was done," Beni had asked.
Beni alleged that it was his political analysis that Mulayam had "always cheated minorities".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?