Beni`s statement exposes Congress and SP: BJP
Lucknow: Hours after Union minister Beni Prasad Verma`s controversial statement that Congress leaders worked as B-team of SP during the 2012 Assembly polls, BJP termed the allegations as "serious" and said it exposed both the parties.
"The discloser has exposed the reality of Congress and SP before the public. Allegations levelled by the Union minister are serious and the names of the leaders should be disclosed," party`s chief spokesman Vijay Bahadur Pathak told reporters here.
Allegations levelled by the Union minister are "serious" and the names of the leaders should be disclosed.
Why Beni was telling half truth and hesitating in exposing the matter, Pathak said.
Pathak alleged that from his (Beni`s) statement it was clear there was a high-level understanding between Congress and SP, "and they were indulging into shadow boxing only to mislead the people".
He alleged that as the Lok Sabha polls would get nearer, SP and Congress would try to "mislead people again by levelling allegations and counter allegations".
Beni today held some Congress leaders responsible for the party`s defeat in the 2012 Assembly polls in UP, alleging they worked as B-team of the Samajwadi Party.
Talking to reporters here, he alleged the SP candidates were even financed by some Congress leaders.
"Some Congressmen focused on Raebareli, Barabanki and Gonda and other seats to ensure defeat of the Congress," the minister said.
"SP candidates were financed by some of our leaders. They worked as B-team of the SP and passed on information to them," Verma said.
"The Congress is being sold for the past 20 years. The tickets were given to such persons who spent the money given to them by the party for the benefit of SP candidates," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday