‘Bhatta-Parsaul farmers cases will be withdrawn’
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Friday assured farmers of Bhatta-Parsaul villages that criminal cases lodged against them by the previous Mayawati-led government would be withdrawn.
The assurance was given to a farmers` delegation that called on Akhilesh at his official residence here today.
The farmers told the Chief Minister that fake cases were lodged against them by the previous BSP regime during their protest against land acquisition in June last year.
They also alleged that police not only harassed farmers but their families as well and demanded immediate revocation of the cases.
Akhilesh, while assuring the farmers, said that during the previous regime farmers were harassed and their lands forcibly acquired but it would not happen during his tenure as Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray