Bhatta-Parsaul farmers demand judicial probe in police action
Greater Noida: Residents of Bhatta and
Parsaul villages have demanded a judicial probe into the
alleged atrocities by police, claiming that they were victims
of Mayawati government`s policy on land acquisition.
The probe should be conducted by a sitting judge of
either the Supreme Court or High Court as the police, instead
of protecting the people, had committed atrocities on the
farmers at the "behest" of the Uttar Pradesh government,
alleged Montu, son of Rajpal who was killed in police firing
here on May 7.
"My father was shot dead by police. The police did not
give us the body for cremation despite our pleas. They
cremated him like an unclaimed body," he told reporters here.
Kuldeep Sharma, who received a bullet injury during the
police firing, alleged that police came down heavily on the
villagers after two policemen were killed in the violence.
He claimed his house was burnt by policemen along with
his tractor and a Maruti car.
"The police set my house on fire, burnt my car and
tractor. I have lost five cattle. I was shot and could have
died," he said.
Neha, 18, the daughter of Shiv Kumar Sharma, who also
received a bullet injury, claimed that she was "severely
beaten up and insulted" by policemen who entered their house
late at night following the violence and ransacked it.
She said her hand was fractured in the incident.
Narendra Singh, another farmer who received a bullet
injury, claimed that police personnel entered his house and
took away money he had withdrawn from the bank.
"My wife was insulted in our house and my savings looted
by police. They beat up and insulted women in the village.
They did not even spare older women," he alleged.
Uttar Pradesh government has dismissed as baseless
allegations about burning of people and rape of women in
Bhatta-Parsaul, rocked by farmers` agitation on land
acquisition issue, and said preliminary forensic reports of
ashes collected from the area have ruled out presence of any
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000