Bhatta Parsaul stir: Manvir Teotia arrested
Delhi: Uttar Pradesh police, Saturday, arrested Manvir Teotia, the leader of Kishan Sangharsh Samiti, who is accused of staging planned protest in Bhatta-Parsaul against the state’s land acquisition policy in May.
Teotia was arrested from Hauz Khas in south Delhi.
The UP police had formed six teams to track Teotia and his accomplices. Mayawati government had announced a reward of Rs 50,000 for any information about Teotia.
His close accomplices Neeraj Malik and Premveer also carry a reward of Rs 15,000 each. Another reward of Rs 10,000 each has been announced on aides Gaje Singh, Kiranpal and Manoj. All the close aides still are absconding
Earlier, the Ghaziabad police had arrested farmers` leader Satya Pal Chaudhary for sheltering Manvir Teotia, who is wanted for his role in the Bhatta Parsaul agitation that claimed four lives. However, Teotia had managed to escape when the police arrived.
Chaudhary is the leader on whose writ the land acquisition in certain parts of Noida Extension was quashed by the Allahabad High Court.
Bhatta Parsaul was the epicentre of farmers` protests in May over land acquisition.
Four people, including two policemen, were killed in an exchange of gunfire between farmers protesting against land acquisition and the police in Greater Noida`s Bhatta-Parsaul village in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority