BHU student found dead in mysterious circumstances
Varanasi: A 19-year-old undergraduate student of Banaras Hindu University was found dead under mysterious near Tulasi Ghat of the Ganga river here.
According to the police, the body which was recovered late last evening, had the `Gayatri Mantra` inscribed in black ink on the chest which also bore burn marks.
Based on the above clues, police suspect that 2nd year social sciences student Gyanendu Shekhar from Bihar`s Champaran could have fallen victim to a "human sacrifice".
However, SHO Lanka area refused to confirm it, saying a probe was on.
Shekhar went missing from his guesthouse on December 21.
His body has been sent for postmortem to ascertain reason of the death, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city