BHU students go on rampage after scuffle with NCC cadets
Varanasi: Violent protests have erupted in the Benaras Hindu University campus after a student was allegedly assaulted by a group of cadets of the National Cadet Corp(NCC), police said on monday.
The incident took place yesterday when a student of the Birla A hostel was manhandled by some NCC cadets following which a large number of irate hostelers assaulted the proctor of the nearby NCC camp and damaged five vehicles of the security forces, who tried to intervene in the clash between them, they said.
Later, the security personnel entered the hostel and lathicharged the students during which one of them was seriously injured.
The situation came under control only after a large police force led by SDM, City M P Singh, and SP City Santosh Kumar, along with other officials from the university reached the spot and managed to round up the students and send them back to their respective hostels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption