BHU students go on rampage after scuffle with NCC cadets
Varanasi: Violent protests have erupted in the Benaras Hindu University campus after a student was allegedly assaulted by a group of cadets of the National Cadet Corp(NCC), police said on monday.
The incident took place yesterday when a student of the Birla A hostel was manhandled by some NCC cadets following which a large number of irate hostelers assaulted the proctor of the nearby NCC camp and damaged five vehicles of the security forces, who tried to intervene in the clash between them, they said.
Later, the security personnel entered the hostel and lathicharged the students during which one of them was seriously injured.
The situation came under control only after a large police force led by SDM, City M P Singh, and SP City Santosh Kumar, along with other officials from the university reached the spot and managed to round up the students and send them back to their respective hostels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Mehbooba Mufti meets families affected by Kashmir violence
- Thousands bid emotional farewell as hockey legend Mohammed Shahid laid to rest
- Kudankulam unit 2 physical start-up process begun: Sources
- Derecognise AAP in wake of its activist's suicide: BJP
- All Party meet for inclusive engagement of all stakeholders in J&K