BHU VC condemns AAP`s poster showing Malaviya carrying broom
Varanasi: Banaras Hindu University vice chancellor Lalji Singh Wednesday criticised the Aam Aadmi Party over a poster at its party rally which showed the varsity founder Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya carrying a broom.
Singh termed the incident as unfortunate and condemned the act.
"I will look into the matter. Whether it is picture of Gandhiji or Mahamanaji this kind of act showing disrespect to such legends is condemnable," Singh told reporters here in reply to a question.
He said that he would ask the BHU Press Publication and Publicity cell in charge to inquire the matter and also send a written statement to media stating that this kind of act must not get repeated by anyone.
Public too should protest the act that it should not be there and repeated again, he added.
It is alleged that one of the posters at an AAP rally showed BHU founder Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya`s picture with a broom (AAP`s symbol) above his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief