BHU VC condemns AAP`s poster showing Malaviya carrying broom
Varanasi: Banaras Hindu University vice chancellor Lalji Singh Wednesday criticised the Aam Aadmi Party over a poster at its party rally which showed the varsity founder Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya carrying a broom.
Singh termed the incident as unfortunate and condemned the act.
"I will look into the matter. Whether it is picture of Gandhiji or Mahamanaji this kind of act showing disrespect to such legends is condemnable," Singh told reporters here in reply to a question.
He said that he would ask the BHU Press Publication and Publicity cell in charge to inquire the matter and also send a written statement to media stating that this kind of act must not get repeated by anyone.
Public too should protest the act that it should not be there and repeated again, he added.
It is alleged that one of the posters at an AAP rally showed BHU founder Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya`s picture with a broom (AAP`s symbol) above his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'