Bhushan speaking language of separatists: RSS
Gorakhpur: Expressing surprise at the
suggestion made by Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan that a
referendum should be held in Kashmir, the RSS on Sunday said he is
speaking the language of separatists.
RSS General Secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi said the
Sangh Parivar can never agree to a referendum in Kashmir.
"Kashmir is an integral part of India. We cannot accept
any such suggestion. The people of this country will never
agree to it. This is the language and vocabulary of the
separatists. It is very surprising that such language has been
used (by Bhushan)," he said.
Bhushan was beaten up by some right-wing activists in his
chamber in the Supreme Court last week after he advocated
plebiscite in Kashmir.
Though RSS has criticised Bhushan`s stand, it has
condemned the violence against him. Joshi was speaking to
reporters here after the three-day National Executive Meet of
the RSS ended today.
Both the RSS and the BJP are in favour of abrogation of
Article 370 which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
The RSS also says its ultimate aim is to integrate PoK
At the RSS conclave here, the 1994 Parliament resolution
in this regard was emphasised.
Joshi also spoke on civil rights activist Anna Hazare and
his Jan Lokpal movement.
"It is Anna who has called the support from RSS a
conspiracy. He should be asked why he said so," Joshi said
adding though no senior functionary of the RSS had met Hazare
before his fast at Ramlila ground, the Sangh had expressed its
support through a letter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared