Bhushan speaking language of separatists: RSS
Gorakhpur: Expressing surprise at the
suggestion made by Team Anna member Prashant Bhushan that a
referendum should be held in Kashmir, the RSS on Sunday said he is
speaking the language of separatists.
RSS General Secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi said the
Sangh Parivar can never agree to a referendum in Kashmir.
"Kashmir is an integral part of India. We cannot accept
any such suggestion. The people of this country will never
agree to it. This is the language and vocabulary of the
separatists. It is very surprising that such language has been
used (by Bhushan)," he said.
Bhushan was beaten up by some right-wing activists in his
chamber in the Supreme Court last week after he advocated
plebiscite in Kashmir.
Though RSS has criticised Bhushan`s stand, it has
condemned the violence against him. Joshi was speaking to
reporters here after the three-day National Executive Meet of
the RSS ended today.
Both the RSS and the BJP are in favour of abrogation of
Article 370 which gives special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
The RSS also says its ultimate aim is to integrate PoK
At the RSS conclave here, the 1994 Parliament resolution
in this regard was emphasised.
Joshi also spoke on civil rights activist Anna Hazare and
his Jan Lokpal movement.
"It is Anna who has called the support from RSS a
conspiracy. He should be asked why he said so," Joshi said
adding though no senior functionary of the RSS had met Hazare
before his fast at Ramlila ground, the Sangh had expressed its
support through a letter.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today